A Short History of CVCA
TIMELINE: 1909 to 2005
A $1500 buggy painting shop is converted into the first school building.
Miss Benton teaches the first classes for 10 students. She teaches in one room of the building and lives in the other.
Miss Benton moves out of the school building to accommodate the growing number of students. Guy Mann is hired to teach academy classes.
A new four-room school was completed at 5th and E Street. In 1915 the principal was Clarence Voris and the teachers were Ethyl Foresburg and Mrs. Lewis.
Modesto Union Academy was created when the Salida and Modesto churches merged their schools together.
The first senior class graduates.
10 acres were purchased at the corner of Hatch and Central for a new school.
A fire destroys the Modesto gym, band room, art room, and home economics facility.
A new gym was built by donations and insurance money after the fire.
Modesto Union Academy changes its name to Modesto Adventist Academy.
A new school complex is finished, classes begin in the spring.
Modesto Adventist Academy changes its name to Central Valley Christian Academy.